Friday, July 1, 2016

TEACHER TRAINING

I recently (within the past 6-9 months) began assisting and conducting Teacher Trainings -- I assist with one in Temecula and lead a similar program in Fallbrook.  These are 200-hour RYT trainings. At some point I'd like to teach Immersions and TT in the Anusara style, but first I must assist an Anusara TT. That hasn't happened yet.

So, what have I learned? That teaching people to be teachers is a learning process in itself. I find myself back in the classroom, reading required texts (again), creating lesson plans, planning schedules in order to get in the required hours.

I've also learned that, for me, I enjoy the process (and the learning).

It's especially rewarding to take a class from one of the graduates (who has been teaching for just one month), and find that the class is well-crafted, appropriate for the audience, and taught with confidence.  Even the music was nice (this from someone who doesn't 'do' music).  Hard to keep from smiling the entire class.

In my desire to learn more, I am attending several of the modules being offered by Sundari in her 300-hr training. I also signed up (already) to go to Tucson in March for a weekend with Darren Rhodes and Sam Rice. I have always wanted to do a class or workshop with Darren, so -- here I go! Time to get the "A" game on (which means 'beefing' up my stamina - since the Tucson group, as I remember, is VERY strong).

Besides the TT's, I am happily teaching 7 classes each week. I've decided to let go of the 5pm class mentioned in earlier posts and that has lifted a great burden. I find that when I let some things go, there is an associated relief that wasn't expected. Not worrying about a drive in traffic with little reward (in terms of class attendance) is - for me - a good thing.

Enjoy the 4th of July !!!



No comments: