Sunday, August 30, 2009

EVER FORGET WHERE YOU READ IT?

Yesterday morning I was putting the finishing touches on my 9 am class plan, and wanted to use a line I know I had read somewhere. (Important to give appropriate credit where it's due.)

I knew I had read it recently. So, what have I been reading in the last week?
  • Donna Farhi's 'Insights' on her website -- read 'em all, good stuff
  • "Eat, Taste, Heal" -- an Ayurvedic book of recipes and information recommended by Cate Stillman
  • Anusara® Teacher Training Manual
  • "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" -- a great little book that sits outside of the realm of 'curriculum reading'

So, I spent a precious 20 minutes searching Donna's writings, sure that I had read it there.

What was I looking for, you ask? "It is yoga throughout every phase of the pose, not just in the final form."

Where did I read it? Well, this morning as I reviewed previous posts, I came upon it in an entry I made 4-5 entries ago. It is a quote from the Anusara® Teacher Training Manual.

Not only did I read it, but I wrote it and commented about it! Where, oh where, is that razor sharp memory going? I hope it's just getting a bit dulled by the mountains of information I'm trying to cram into this 'boomer brain'.

Now, why am I writing about something that has little to do with yoga? Not sure, just thought it interesting that I read it, I embraced it, I wrote it, I commented on it, then I promptly forgot it. Bad sign.

The class I taught went on without the quote -- tho I did paraphrase it, without giving credit.

Going to do yardwork today. Did some yesterday and felt really good about the result; anxious to make the rest of the (visible) flower beds look as good.

Enjoy YOUR Sunday,

No comments: