Saturday, November 21, 2009

EXHILARATED, ENLIVENED 8 (Eight)

Began with exhilarate -- upon looking up the definition, found out that I was mis-spelling it.  Oops, but - another point on the side of the pros of this exercise.  

In the definition of exhilarate (to make cheerful, excited; to enliven),  I found enliven, which is a word I've been using in my teaching lately.  As in, "you've been sitting for a few minutes; before we move on, enliven your torso -- lift your heart" -- like that.

In a bit of a hurry this morning, got to prepare for class, get the house organized, get myself ready, then get to the studio in time to set up the camera, check the room, move a bit.  Setting up the camera is becoming pretty routine.  I may not always turn it on, but it will be in the room, getting me and students acclimated to its presence. 

Yesterday's Gentle Yoga Class went well -- there were a couple new to the group.  And, the atmosphere in this class is TOTALLY different from your mainstream yoga class (even an Anusara®) class.  Discussion, laughter, complaining all abound.  Thankfully, the newer to this class were accepting  of the different feel to this group.  As a teacher, this different atmosphere is a challenge to me, as well.  Demands that I be much more fluid, more accepting, more able to hear comments - make adjustments - shift gears - not take anything personally.

Hope you have a great Saturday,

No comments: