Friday, April 16, 2010

HABITS - LIKE BLOGGING - HARD TO PULL AWAY FROM

Just a short note -- just to stave off the 'blog withdrawal'.  A few notes:

Yesterday's class at Kula was small -- as in 1.  One new-to-the-practice person who will have a very nice practice, assuming she continues.  Her comment, after the warm-up, 'this is harder than I thought; my muscles are shaking'.  (Reminds me of Desiree's theory on why most people quit yoga:  They find out it's work.)  This student did fine; the teacher, well --- what kind of impression do you think falling over in Trikonasana will leave on that student?  I can't remember when I've done that in the past.  Oh, I've fallen in Parvritta Trikonasana (I do remember that:  Christina Sell workshop, July 2009, Saturday, 11:14 am); but I don't ever remember falling in Trikonasana; worst part - it happened just as I was giving instruction on how to come up -- 'root down through your legs, come back to standing'.  Crash !!!  Oh, well, keeps me humble.

From there, home to take care of the application for my Dad to move into a VA-supported space in another skilled nursing facility.  This is a long story - too long for this blog, or for your interest level.  Let's just say, things have taken a turn from my well-laid plans.

On to pilates, stronger.  Even upside down push-up on the chair is a bit easier; at least once I got going.

Then to my studio to teach 4 pm YogaHour.  12 people in the room!!!  Whoop! Whoop!  No gigglers, and just a couple new or newer to the practice.  When I started this class, I considered myself fortunate to have 2-3; now 12.  Amazing!

From the studio to the Jail for my annual orientation.  Not much has changed in the 6 years I've taught there, but I do understand the need to remind us.  The officer who presented the material was focused on getting the information out in the quickest way; so we were out of there in 65 minutes.  In years past, it sometimes has been 2 hours or more.  So, I can keep teaching at the Jail.

Exam - going o.k.  The few stumbling blocks that caused me choke a bit on day one have dissipated, as I get into the work.  "no one fails, no one fails, no one fails"; keeping that thought, repeat.  (A bit of exam humor.)  I'm also keeping a log of each day -- what I do, how much time, insights, etc. (a kind of exam diary); on day 5, I'll evaluate where I'm at and either kick up the time or continue my plan of 3 hours each day.  Plus, Anusara®, in their letter, asked for feedback -- I am nothing, if not a good 'feedback giver'.

Have a wonderful Friday,

2 comments:

Ginger Coy said...

LOL on '...my muscles are shaking'. (Reminds me of Desiree's theory on why most people quit yoga: They find out it's work.)

Love your blog! Keep us posted on the exam front, I'm rooting for you!

Jane Norton said...

Dear Leslie - thanks for the inspiration! I'm getting ready to take my exam so reading about your experience is very helpful for me! Best of luck - I'm sure you're going to shine!
Premajyoti,
Jane Norton