Monday, August 30, 2010

NOW WHERE?

"Now where?" seems to be the consistent question this year. It's either north or south; this time south. Housesitter will arrive in a little bit and I will head off to visit son and his family. To complicate matters, there is some work being done on our house -- kind of a logistical nightmare, but end results will be good.

The week and weekend workshop ended on a satisfying note yesterday. I felt great all week. None of those nagging 'why am I here' thoughts or 'am I good enough'. It was a good week and I felt I belonged all the way through, that I am good enough.

Similarly, the weekend workshop was a nice finish.  After a full week of asana (5-6 hours every day), wisdom had stepped in and caused me to sign up for the Mixed Level (definitely the 'lighter' session).  So glad to have done that. I could practice, I could absorb a few more teaching tips, and I could enjoy poses that were well within my range.  For me, a good finish -- kind of like that last ski run that goes really well; or the last golf shot that 'sings' through the air.  To finish feeling good is always the best.

We went to see the Doobie Brothers last night. As we drove home, I had my first 'hit' of being truly tired. That kind of tired that causes you to be irritable. Well, I thought, I have been going about non-stop for 7 days -- 12-hour days, driving up to Park City and back each day, listening, studying, practicing inbetween those journeys up the canyon and back. No naps this past week! I guess I ought to be a bit tired.

I am anxious, though, to put what I learned into action as I teach. I did teach one private this week, and I was able to use one of our teachings -- to look at the bigger picture, before focusing in on the issue that brings the student in.  JF told us to look at the whole -- for example, a stiff neck most likely is emanating from a shoulder issue. If I just work on the student's neck, I may not solve the problem. So, I step back, do an overview, hone in, overview again, hone in -- another one of those pulsations, I think.

Well, lots to do before housesitter arrives.

If you are a student in one of my classes -- I will be back next week. Know that I am missing you!

Have a great week,

No comments: