Monday, September 13, 2010

SORTING & SORTING

My blogs might indicate that I am a paragon of organization when it comes to notes, etc.  Contrary to that impression, I confess that things have gotten out of control, book- and paper-wise around my house.

It became painfully apparent when I could not find one of the booklets distributed at an Immersion I attended.  I can get a replacement, but in the process of searching - I find lots of things I'd either thought were lost, forgotten I had, or didn't know existed.

Seems I go merrily along, shoving things here and there as events require. Then, when I need something, I haven't a clue exactly where it might be.  Oh, I think I know where it should be; however, in this case, that's not the case.  No booklet, nowhere.  Lots of other stuff, tho.

That, plus the shifting of household items that painting some of our house required, has caused me to begin sorting through piles. Piles of yoga journal articles that I printed out with good intention of reading and filing (or tossing), piles of books - mine and studio's, journals, notes taken on single sheets of paper, etc.

My chore this past weekend was to begin to sort -- figuring out a way to file all these items so that, when I need something, I can find it.  I'll continue with that effort this morning - no classes to teach; lots of time and if I start early, it will happen.

Taught two classes Saturday morning; my own Level 1 then Yoga Basics. I filmed the Level 1 class and will review it, in hopes I can send it to Sundari for review. I have the self-evaluation questionnaire from Anusara®, so ought to be able to evaluate it, send it off or discard it.  One thing I noticed about my teaching on Saturday?  Well, the thought came to me, as I taught, of Christina's admonition, "if you don't want it to happen, don't ask for it". In other words, part of our 'job' as teachers is to assure that students are carrying out the instructions I offer (or, at least, attempting to do them); otherwise, why ask?  Keeping this in mind helps me to serve the students more effectively. I also noticed myself taking time to look around the room - allowing some space without continually speaking.

Today's Schedule:
    Sorting & sorting
    Laundry / cleaning
    Practice

Enjoy your Monday,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As an Anusara student, blogger and article saver I totally get the need to get organized-even when you're already organized! I've begun to get a handle on the "saving with good intention" the blogs Zen Habits and Miss Minimalist really helped! Good Luck!
~Deirdre