Tuesday, October 12, 2010

RUNNING BEHIND

On time, that is.  I spent yesterday doing laundry, resting, taking my cat to the vet, doing laundry, re-aligning some of the house, doing laundry, resting, doing laundry, answering phone messages and e-mails, doing laundry -- notice a pattern here?  There was no Good Fairy residing at home 'doing laundry' for me while I was gone; plus I brought a good bit home with me (laundry, that is). The Good Fairy (in the form of my husband, Howard) did, however, keep the house picked up and took care of clearing out and cleaning the living room -- which had become a repository of sorts for all the stuff we moved in order to paint. So, thank you for that.

I was not able, after all, to attend Tiffany's class; just didn't fit into the scheme of things.  Maybe Wednesday.

Since I had offered to send out the list of attendees at our Therapy training, with contact information, I spent some of the day catching up on e-mail conversations with a few of those people.  One of the things I found challenging about this path is that everyone is pretty focused on their work and - when not in trainings or workshops - you can feel somewhat alone.  Thank goodness Sundari has been my mentor; since she and I formalized our relationship, she has never left me with that feeling (you can imagine my panic when I heard she was going to Maui for the winter).  Even before, when we did not have the formal mentor/student relationship, she was always willing to answer questions or discuss 'stuff'.

How did I counter than 'alone' feeling when it did come up?  For me, the answer has been to step out of my comfort zone and ask questions, do research, find the people who do have time to talk.  So, one of my goals is to emulate Sundari's efforts; hence, this blog and - also - a willingness to answer questions, discuss things, figure out how to move in and thru this extensive and very thorough training process.  And, as a result, I learn more. I benefit and I hope others do, as well.

I can become pretty isolated if I just think "I'll figure it out" and then - even worse - I keep that information all to myself.  Not that I shout things from the rooftops, but I will share what I've learned, if asked.  And, that's a biggie -- sometimes I have to ask.  Not easy, it may reveal that I don't know something, or I missed the memo, or I didn't pay attention. Lots of 'ego' wrapped up there.

Wow, as I write and read, I realize I've forgotten how to write.  This sounds like a sermon.  But, for now, I'll leave it.  It will remind me what and how not to write.

Today?
    Wayne's Level 1-2, 9:30 at The Yoga Center
    Semi-Private at 2:30 (I'm teaching)
    Inbetween stuff -- laundry (more?), paperwork at the studio, etc.

Have a terrific Tuesday,

No comments: