Wednesday, November 24, 2010

ALWAYS LEARNING

What now?  Trying to establish an additional e-mail address. Phew!  And why go through this angst and agony? I just think that, like my finances, business and personal e-mails ought to be separate.  And, since I view this blog as a 'personal' adventure -- signing in and changing the e-mail address, as part of the verification process, I worry, is not going to be easy.

I decided to write first, then attempt the switch. Keep your fingers crossed!

Our blizzard of 2010 was kind of a 'non-event', at least from our perspective (which was the family room with a fire). The TV stations milked it for all it was worth, and I am sure some parts of town were hit more viciously than we were - up here it was like many other snow events.  And, I loved that the plows were out early in this event (refer back to post where I'm stuck trying to come up hill; have to be rescued; etc., etc.).

It's interesting to live in Utah - Salt Lake, in particular - because of the way the weather affects us. Where we live, we can get pounded with snow, yet 5 miles away they will be either in the sun, the rain or maybe fog. It will be totally different.

Yesterday, we all raced around with 3 pm as the deadline for getting anything done. 3 pm was the time the blizzard was to arrive. At 3 pm it was windy, but no snow; at 4 - same; at 5 - same. By 5:30 wind had died down and we were getting the snow.  The good thing?  Many people were off the roads (rush hour, you know), had done their shopping, whatever.  At our house we have an incredible view of the valley -- and, I must say, we have rarely seen such threatening sky.  In a little bit, the news will be on and we'll see what other parts of the valley struggled with.

I took Wayne's class yesterday a.m. - a student I haven't seen for several months arrived, making the group kind of like 'old home week'. All of us had practiced together in the past and knew each other. It was fun - the kind of class you have once in a while, where groans are heard and laughed about; where little comments are whispered and laughed about; where Wayne even got into the fun, asking us to 'blossom our tree branches' (we laughed about this, too -- very 'un-wayne-like'). All in all, a good, light-hearted class.

From class to Pilates with Cindy -- used 'the chair'.  Why in quotes? Well it is kind of a contraption, made of wood with springs, that you sit on, lie on, stand next to, or lie in front of. Interesting to think about how 'the chair' evolved.  Good work, tho.

On the way back to the studio, my private appointment called to cancel -- at the doctors, waiting, having to get another test, wouldn't make it. So - for me - time to grab a bite of lunch and go home to retrieve the 4-wheel-drive in anticipation of the forecasted weather, and a trip out to get my hair cut.

All my 'stuff' accomplished by 5, stopped to get some gas in the car. Comments heard as I was filling the tank "everyone is here filling up, getting ready for the story". Why is that? I suppose if you were going to be out on the roads, you'd definitely want a good supply of gas, in case you got stuck; buy why fill up if you're just headed home? Anyone with a good theory, let me know.

Boy, this has been a lot of writing about almost nothing.  But, that happens once in a while -- the blog process; some days you hit a home run, others - you foul out (or strike out).

Today:
  • Teaching Gentle Yoga at 10 am at The Yoga Center
  • My own private with Adam 
  • Dreaded paperwork
I will probably NOT write tomorrow; not much spare time. Therefore, I'll take this opportunity to wish you a very nice Thanksgiving. May you travel safely, enjoy your family and friends, and eat your meal mindfully and with gratitude (and, maybe throw in a little yoga somewhere in the day).  

Enjoy,

No comments: