Saturday, February 26, 2011

A BUSY WEEK . . .

An excuse? A reason? A validation? for not writing in this blog, that is. No just an explanation. Each morning has included computer time, but I have not allotted enough to get to the blog. I apologize to readers and to myself.

Last weekend, Monday and Tuesday, I was in Spokane visiting parents and dealing with some legal maneuvering on their behalf.
I flew back EARLY on Wednesday, in time to change clothes and make it to Gentle Yoga. We're still working with the Laksmi aspects, but - even that fell to the wayside this week. Once home, I crashed - literally. Naptime, big time.
Thursday had it's usual busy-ness - house stuff in the morning, Pilates in the afternoon, then a private, then the Level 1-2 class. Crash, again -- after a trip to CostCo.
Friday, I listened to the weekly classes from Amy Ippoliti. Got a lot of good ideas from this last session (and all of the sessions this February). I do recommend this webinar course -- it was low-impact (meaning not too stressful), it put me in touch with a group of great co-participants, and I learned more of the 'nuts & bolts' of teaching yoga -- like, how to get more people into class, the importance of managing the business side of my teaching (which some of us often neglect, piling it in with the personal or family stuff). There is so much to learning to teach Anusara Yoga, that these things often get neglected. Great stuff with great teaching and the "90 Minute Kula" (as I call them).
I forgot about Friday (Horrors!); so will offer a 'tip' here: (-PAUSE-) O.K., I've just spent 20 minutes reviewing my typed notes (BTW, I always type my notes after scribbling in workshops or trainings -- just easier to read. And, if I do them within 24 hours, but after 12 hours, the memory is interesting in that I actually remember more of what I heard and am able to add it to the typewritten format!) What did I come up with? Lots, but nothing that jumped off the page at me. I did, however, find numerous things that will help with teaching class today (I'm guest teaching for Adam Ballenger) and in the future. The point (and - perhaps - the 'tip'): Reviewing, re-reading, visualizing where I was when I did this or that adjustment -- all are great ways to enhance my study and experience. Because if you are like me, I forget and I will lapse into the same stuff over and over, forgetting about all the GREAT other stuff I learned. Oh, some of it gets in there, but certainly not all.
Review, review, review.
Today:
  • Private at 7 am (yikes!)
  • Teaching for Adam at SugarSpace at 9 am
  • House stuff
Have a great Saturday (BTW, it's snowing like crazy here!),

No comments: