Thursday, September 8, 2011

ANOTHER VIDEO

Not sure if I wrote about this, but - upon review - I decided that the video I filmed 2 weeks ago will not work.

My teaching was strong, there were just some significant errors that will eliminate it from consideration. Your next question? What went wrong? Isn't it interesting that we want to know the negative first. I remember in my first teacher trainings that the emphasis on 'looking for the good' was one of the first things taught. For example, teacher: "What do you see in this pose?" Response from group: "legs too close together" or some other similar comment. Teacher: "Let's take another look at the pose -- tell me, first, what you see beautiful about the pose." Let's just say it didn't take long to absorb that lesson.
No matter what went wrong or right; after you do this for a while, you learn what will fly and what won't. Unfortunately, that video won't fly. So, what next? The class in Driggs. Tonight.
I brought camera, cords, notes; forgot the tripod. Called upon friends, they are bringing one. Not feeling quite so nervous as the last video; perhaps it's the fact that I am more familiar with this studio (after all, I've only studied in Temecula for 4 months; have been going to YogaTejas for infrequently 5+ years).
Will review notes, practice a bit, then head in to the studio with Sundari later today. Class starts at 6pm.
Hope you have a great Thursday. Oh, fishing was great! Animal sightings? Bald Eagle -- magnificent, and he was as curious about us as we were him.

No comments: