Monday, March 5, 2012

THE WAY IT IS

Relating back to the poem I posted last Thursday, it is all pretty much the same.

Same drama with regards to Anusara Yoga -- not knowing, just being patient as things filter out. Offering a comment here and there on Facebook.  Trying to stick with Howard's advice:  "don't write anything on Facebook that you don't want in print on the front page of your local newspaper".  Good advice.

Those of us who are/were in the Certification process have joined together in a group called the "Honey Badgers" on Facebook (honey badgers are relentless creatures, especially when backed into a corner).  Why?  Well, we need to do something to keep our minds occupied and off the crisis.  The group's intent is to offer connection, communication, and support to one another, with the caveat -- no discussion of the Anusara issues.  We are simply about working towards our goal of becoming the best yoga teachers we can be -- much like a honey badger would do.

People wonder about why I just don't teach, forget about it (the goal).  When that happens, I remember this line of the poem:  "People wonder about what you are pursuing.".

Some days I wonder too.  And, I am still teaching, still studying.  I have not, however lost sight of my goal, my thread.

At this stage, I am happy to be in my sixties.  Through all this - watching the angst and petty-ness of some comments, the mean-ness of others, and - of course - the well thought through comments - I remain calm.

Not letting go, but not getting carried away, either.

Today?  Teaching at the Library.  Request for shoulder and neck work; better get back to the books.

Enjoy your Monday and your week,

No comments: