Wednesday, August 26, 2020

GETTING SERIOUS HERE:

Just over a month since my last post, where I talked a bit about Yoga Therapy (as an adjunct therapy to healthcare and wellness providers).  

Over the past weekend I finished my final project in my second-to-last class of the Yoga Therapy Program I'm enrolled in at Loyola Marymount University.  It was a 30+ minute zoom presentation on Parkinson's Disease, focusing on the incorporation of movement and voice activation when working with clients who have Parkinson's. Let me know if you'd like to see or learn more. 

Just 60 more hours, working through TeleHealth, and I am done with 4+ years of training and ready to move ahead.  

Throughout my teaching career, I have noticed the students who attend my classes are often unaware of what they are capable of.  Their strength, their resilience, has been clouded over by years of inattention.  Once in a yoga class, with only themselves to focus on, that cloud lifts -- people remember the strength, regain their power, and return many times to a more confident self.  I plan to replicate that 'cloud lifting' for many more.

So, what will I do with this expanded knowledge? First, I am going to create an awareness of me and my skills.  

How?  

1)    The website is being built as I write this.  It will highlight my yoga teaching and introduce readers to the Yoga Therapy training I have.  For some, Yoga Therapy is a new field to be explored, especially when faced with a chronic condition and/or injury.  Yoga Therapy is a one-to-one work, offering my clients a place to speak and be heard; to move effectively based on condition(s); to breathe efficiently.  

2)    I am kicking my backside back to writing in this blog -- to bring awareness to me and my journey.

3)    I will be starting a newsletter (soon).

4)    I've been on Facebook for a long time, time to give Instagram a try.  

I'd love to take you with me on this journey.  If you would share your e-mail with me, I'll put you on the list for my NEW newsletter - once published, and also share the unveiling of my website.  As one of my teachers used to say:  'It's gonna be great."

Please share your e-mail with me at leslie.l.salmon@gmail.com.  In the subject line, write BLOG, and I'll pay extra attention to your communication. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments: