Sunday, February 22, 2009

GOING SKIING

Busy day yesterday - but fun.

I taught a 9 am class -- that went well. My teaching, to date, has been pretty laid back. This class requires that I kick it up a notch - a good thing for me. The students had not been introduced to Anusara™ before, so I have lots of material to work with (and, so do they). I also have some who have faithfully been coming each week since I started teaching this class; a good sign that I am so thankful for.

Then, I did a one-hour orientation to a group of 70-80 year old women at one of our Wards (aka church, for those of you outside of Utah). A little pranayama, working with their feet, shoulder stretches, some seated postures, some balance - then questions & answers. This is a similar population to one of my weekly classes at the studio - older, with compromised movement from whatever (hip/knee replacements, bad backs, never exercised, etc.); the main difference is that this new group has not been moving much and has NO knowledge about yoga and its benefits. A population segment that can really benefit from yoga, but because of their age, restricted mobility (vehicles), and lack of knowledge of yoga's benefits, gets left out. Bummer! We need to work on that.

On to a practice at Kula Studio (co-owned by Adam Ballenger and Matt Newman). Adam's in Seattle with John, so Matt and Jen conducted the event. WHAT FUN! I left feeling giggly and good all over, even though some of the poses are not in my range yet. That's what yoga ought to feel like -- good, even if you can't do everything! Kudos (sp?) to Jen & Matt.

Then, to a movie and dinner with my husband. Today we're going skiing!

Enjoy your Sunday,

p.s. It's not 4:10 am, as I post this; it's 5:10. If you're looking at the time, I don't want you to think I never sleep. Need to figure out how to change that setting

No comments: