Saturday, March 21, 2009

JUST NOTES

To date, I have tried to stay on one topic in my entries; today seems like a good day to just ramble a bit:

Up early to get the house and myself ready to leave for a few days. Going to visit my parents in Spokane. With our crew of critters, and my husband traveling also, that means housesitter will be here; so gotta clean it up. Ever notice that when your purse, your car, or your house are a bit 'dissheveled', so goes your life?

I did get the tax stuff to the Accountant yesterday -- it wasn't a pretty package of paper, but it's in his hands now.

Got a great comment yesterday from a Texas student of Christina Sell's. So glad she took the time to offer her thoughts -- it made my day much brighter. Writing this blog is bringing out a part of me long hidden, that's good. Having people notice makes it even more fun.

Starting to read recommended blogs from various sources. Wow! Check out http://www.yoganerd.blogspot.com/. This Certified Anusara™ Instructor was in Tucson, demo'd a bit, and offered comments in the training -- it was obvious she knew her stuff! Read this blog and any doubt will be erased. She DOES know it, and she applies it -- to even the minute details of our practice (thus, the name "yoganerd").

Taught Gentle Yoga yesterday. This group has formed a kula within the kula -- one student brings the 86-year-old who no longer drives, everyone welcomes each other AND newcomers, and all do the best yoga they can (and help each other pick up the props). When class is over, I take the 86-year-old home (she would take the bus, but this is the least I can do if she's getting her 'you know what' to yoga class). Rides home are interesting. She will usually go to the store next door while I finish paperwork, then sometimes there is a surprise for me -- a chocolate bar, a box of blueberries, yesterday - a chicken enchilada.

It took me a long time to 'allow' people to carry their weight. What I mean is, in the past my tendency would be to not allow her to give me anything. But, I realize now that people give because we want to and because it makes us feel like we're participating. At 86, feeling like you are still a participant is VERY important. So, I accept the offerings. The enchilada was a bit cheesey (real comfort food emphasis), but it made an o.k. lunch.

Teaching two classes this a.m. before I leave for the north. So better get ready.

Windy here today, storm coming? -- Utah has a way of fooling you into thinking Spring is here (70 yesterday), then throws a Spring snowstorm in.

Enjoy your weekend,

No comments: