Thursday, March 5, 2009

SHORTER & SHORTER & SHORTER

Blog entries this week have been short, I hope anyone reading out there will understand.

Sitting on the floor for 4-5 hours each day; practicing for 2-3 hours; up-down, up-down to teach or discuss; writing notes; then typing notes. All this leaves one in a bit of a brain fog.

What am I learning? Hard to quantify, but I have copious notes and over the months and years to come, pieces of the knowledge being transmitted will percolate to me and on to students.

Yesterday's teaching revolved around the theme of pulsation (i.e. yes & no, remembrance & forgetting). In the afternoon that teaching was particularly applicable to me (and probably others in the room). Those of us who wonder if we're good enough.

As we taught each other poses, using the theme of remembering our goodness & letting go of limiting thoughts, it was wonderful to inhale and hug in to the remembrance that I am a good teacher and person with lots to offer the community around me. Then, to exhale the limited vision I have of my own self. Finding the balance between the two, gives me a new vision of myself.

Hope this makes sense (remember, the brain fog),

No comments: