Wednesday, March 4, 2009

ACTION

I came to Tucson with the attitude of studying more about the effective teaching of Anusara™ yoga, and to connect with old and new friends. I have aligned myself with that attitude by putting myself in a training designed to give me more knowledge.

Now, the action:
  1. I practice each day, alongside old and new friends (not to mention the opportunities to chat before, between and after each day's sessions).
  2. I listen to John's words reflecting his years of experience - both before and within Anusara™.
  3. I ask questions (years of experience have taught me that no question is 'dumb', and there are probably others in the room wondering the same thing -- so, ASK).
  4. I take copious (sometimes illegible) notes.
  5. Now, I'm typing those notes into my laptop.

Action is the result of our attitude and our alignment. If done mindfully and with good intention, it will feel good -- magic will happen.

The 'magic' doesn't mean I'll know everything after this training; but I will know more; more will percolate into my brain cells; and I will be a better teacher after this training.

Just like our practice on the mat -- we don't often get the pose perfect on the first try. It takes practice; it's always a practice.

Looking forward to Day Three,

No comments: