Tuesday, April 28, 2009

CLINGING

to the belief that my hamstrings are tight has become a way of life, a mantra for me. But, that doesn't mean I'm not trying to hear something new -- one that says "they're tight, but - bit by bit, practice by practice, things are getting better".

I went to Jen's class last night -- like Matt's, fun and challenging, especially for the hamstrings I mentioned above.

She took us into vasisthasana and visvamitrasana -- very different types of arm balances. Both, if taken to the full expression, offer significant lengthening of the stubborn hamstring muscles. She also threw in an utthita hasta padangusthasana (UHP) - my goal pose for this year. (I think she did that just for me.)

Leg still isn't straight in UHP, but I have been working the hamstrings almost every day. The pilates is helping, as well.

So, I no longer 'cling' to the belief that those hamstring-challenging poses are not available to me. Now, a door opens and change can begin.

On the agenda today: Wayne's class, Pilates, YogaHour, and subbing a prenatal class this evening.

Enjoy your day,

No comments: