Monday, April 27, 2009

'BACK TO MONDAY' NOTES


First, here's a new pic of Jack taken as he and his Grandpa RJ waited for the BIG train ride (see April 14 blog for details).

Second, about the quote -- it is so true. For me, for students, for teachers, for almost everyone. Until I, or you, or whoever, is/are ready to hear something new and different, it will not take hold. How many times have you heard "I'm trying to get my friend, husband, wife to come to class". I tell people -- in their time, they may come - don't push.

It follows in line with John's advice: "Don't answer the question that hasn't been asked."

More on that later, maybe, now on to other notes:

I am extremely excited about Christina coming in July. So excited that I am pestering her with e-mails -- today's was about the name for the workshop & agenda. I just hope I didn't offend by being a bit presumptuous. Anyway, if you're reading this, you do yoga, and you can get to Salt Lake -- be sure to plan on her workshop, July 17-19.

In preparation for the workshop, I'm holding a couple mini-workshops. I'm discovering that many students believe workshops are only for instructors. Wrong! It's an opportunity for students to broaden their knowledge, to step out of their comfort zone, to step into a room filled with other students (including instructors) and have fun.

May 16, Jen will hold a "De-Mystifying Backbending Poses" workshop from 2-4:30. It's a Saturday, and Jen is a great, fun instructor. Suitable for all levels -- even those with some level of back discomfort.

Then, in June, Robin is holding an afternoon "Intro to Meditation" workshop. Date to be determined. Watch the website for details.

All leading up to July and the BIG event.

Went to Matt's class yesterday morning. So much fun because it is a challenging class, but filled with relaxed energy -- if that makes sense. I found myself demo'ing eka pada bakasana I (with Matt's help). That's the way all this works -- we get to a comfort point in a pose, then want to expand. I am fairly comfortable in bakasana, so - when he mentioned EPB - I asked if there was a way to do that with a partner. Good way to get to demo -- WILL I NEVER LEARN!

The rest of the day was pretty quiet. I finally finished reading one of the longest and heaviest books I've ever attempted, puttered around the house and just relaxed.

Enjoy your week,

No comments: