Friday, April 24, 2009

REMEMBER -- LIFE IS GOOD

Friday is a good day to end my pondering of this week's quote.

I left my sign languaging class last night feeling good. The group of people that has distilled (it started as a very large class, then they split the group), is fun -- not afraid to laugh, tease a little, make mistakes, and admit they don't know. My kind of group!

The YogaHour class I taught yesterday afternoon was fun. The fact that it is growing, with everyone in attendance having attended one of these classes before, is a good sign. And, they are a great group -- willing to give poses a try, yet aware of limitations and ready to express those concerns. FYI, I am more than happy to have a student tell me they are not ready to try a pose; rather than feel forced into something. Been there, done that.

Birthday shopping for my mother-in-law was successful. What do you buy for a 80+ year old, who has all she needs and has been giving stuff away right and left? I decided she needed a good, and fun hat, to keep that hot Arizona sun away. Found it, bought it, it will be delivered this weekend.

Pilates with Cindy in the afternoon felt good. We have moved onto some of the equipment. It's a challenge, but I am enjoying it. I have to admit the prospect of being longer and leaner is a thought that gives me pleasure. (Learned the sign for 'vain' last night -- better remember it!)

Notice a trend here -- all my good experiences in just one day involved a connection with other people: friends, retail people, students, not to mention family.

It's important to take time to notice that connection and what it offers to my life.

Enjoy your day,

No comments: