Tuesday, May 5, 2009

BACK ON TRACK

Each time something negative has happened with regards to teaching yoga or owning The Yoga Center, within 1-2 days positive events come into my life. I take that as a sign that I am on the right path.

Last night I subbed another class -- attendance wasn't huge, but it was a fun group. (And, with a smaller group, you can get into more detailed teaching.) People appeared to leave in a good mood; and, this morning, I had an e-mail waiting from one of the attendees. His comment: that my message had resonated with his own self-evaluation. He went on to tell me the important role that yoga, the studio, and the teachers have played in his life.

Well, it just takes one of those kind of messages to put me back on track. To set aside self-imposed feelings of inadequacy, and realize that we all have a lot to offer each other. Yoga brings us together, gives us a common ground on which to work on stuff, and - for many of us - causes an awakening to our own beauty and strengths and to the same in others; both on and off the mat.

It is interesting, tho, how a little thing (or pile of little things) can cause us to forget our own power and our ability to impact others.

Here's to a better day -- subbing, again. This time for Wayne at Kula (the first time a Certified instructor has asked me to sub). I'm feeling a bit more pressure by that, but also very flattered.

Hope your day goes well,

No comments: