Monday, May 4, 2009

NOTES

'get back up, dust myself off, and start all over again' could closely describe my Monday mentality.

Briefly, without going into the details, a review of my teaching left me feeling a bit shaken. I had hoped for better, but it didn't happen this time. A lot is better - that's the good part; still some things to work on.

Subbed a class yesterday. Attendance was down. I heard from students that the regular teacher had told them she would be gone. I understand how that happens -- who wants to go to their favorite class if their favorite teacher is not there? Had I not been recovering from the review, I probably would have taken it more lightly. Oh, well -- don't take it personally, right?

The "poor me's" (as I call them) even affected my inspiration to blog -- so I let myself down and missed two days of blogging.

Other than that, last week was busy and otherwise uneventful.

So, all of the above explains my choice of quotes for the week. This is one I took from the Master Immersion in Tucson this past March. A good one, and very appropriate for me to embody this week and for the future.

I hope your weekend was good. Rainy here this morning.

Enjoy your day/week,

No comments: