Tuesday, May 26, 2009

REMEMBERING

Back in Salt Lake after a weekend in Driggs. Fun to be there, to watch the cranes coming back to the fields, to watch the dogs run (and run and run), to sit in front of a gentle fire and read (and read and read).

The rain kept me inside most of Sunday, however - with rain threatening but the sun peeping through on Monday - it was time to get out. Decided some yoga was in order, and - knowing YogaTejas is just a short drive away - I headed into town. Cate was subbing and her theme for this class was 'remembrance'.

I'm sure many of you who went to a class (or did your own practice) may have experienced or used a similar theme. Hence my favorite (to the right, "The Decision"). It says a lot I can apply to my life. Until yoga, I was following a similar path to my Mother (not a bad path, just not my path). Each time I came to a turn, I'd think -- 'this is eerily similar to something my Mother did'. So, I took a fork in the road -- where she turned right, I turned left.

What a difference a turn makes! Don't need to go into all the dreary details, but - suffice it to say - I am happier with myself and looking forward to continuing to age with Grace. I'm sure my parents are happy with themselves also, it's just I've chosen a different kind of 'happy'.

Back in Salt Lake -- I had planned to do the drive back today, but with husband holding down the fort in Salt Lake and work to be done, dogs and I drove back yesterday afternoon. Good drive -- traffic somewhat heavy, but not so bad as to hinder the drive.

No comments: