Saturday, June 27, 2009

NO WHINING . . .

Owning a yoga studio offers a new set of dynamics to the process of being a yoga teacher.

I started to write about the different issues I faced this week, and decided 'bad idea'. As I read the draft, it sounded whiney and - after all - I am a grown person who took on this studio, so deal with it.

But, I would like to say that it doesn't make teaching easier.

Each situation I faced this past week offered me insight about my reactions and my 'habits'. Not necessarily a bad idea to look at once in a while, because it's not always a pretty picture -- I could use some work in those areas. I'll just stop here and leave you wondering ---

Teaching a private plus 2 classes today (I think). Calendar could use some work, too.

If I keep writing, I'll be digging myself out of a deep hole by the time I get to the studio. So, change the subject.

Fun class yesterday a.m. I love it when someone comes in complaining about a physical issue, I offer a minor (but important) alignment tip, and they say "wow, that feels so much better!". Good alignment and magic happens; so simple.

Enjoy your weekend,

1 comment:

Doc Savage said...

I'm with you on the challenges of owning. There are days like today I have to teach four classes and know I'll be brain dead at the end of the day. Or when one of our teachers that just didn't work out for us starts her own studio, good for her, and tries to hire most of our staff to move with her. Good thing for us they stayed and we're stronger for it and I love our staff even more.