Thursday, June 25, 2009

DILEMMA

Scrolling through my Facebook homepage this morning (it does become somewhat of an addiction, as I found out last week when access was limited). Read an announcement by another studio owner that that studio has been voted 'Best in Utah' by SL magazine.

It's a big studio with a strong owner and a good core group of instructors. Why not?

But, what about me? (selfish thought) Did this magazine study all the studios in the State of Utah? And, if so, when did they visit my studio? What criteria did they use to measure 'best'?

Back in 2001, The Yoga Center received the same award. I think, at that time, it was one of two formal yoga studios in the Salt Lake area. I didn't own it then, so I can't speak to the selection process.

Water under the bridge. Now, the dilemma --

What do I do? Do I swallow my pride and congratulate the studio owner? or, do I ignore it and proceed with business as usual? Ah, the competitive nature rears it's ugly head ---

I decided that on a Facebook page I developed, called "Yoga In Utah" to offer my congratulations, right before I plugged the upcoming workshop with Christina Sell. And, I'll send an e-mail to the studio owner, also offering congratulations.

Darn! It's tough being the turtle in this race. The Yoga Center also has great instructors, nice selection of classes, small - but mighty student population.

Personally, I think we all (and that includes every studio in Utah) are "Best in State".

Enjoy,

No comments: