Tuesday, June 2, 2009

SHE'S BACK

to her own real world in Salt Lake City (I'm talking about me). After almost a week visiting aging parents, I returned to my own life last night. Nice to be in my own space again.

Luckily I got to the airport early enough to catch an earlier flight, so I was home in time to watch the light show last night (lightning). It also meant I wasn't flying in that storm, whew!

Ever notice how some days things just 'click along'? No glitches, nothing to worry about? What is that? Whatever it is, it was with me yesterday. Getting ready to leave, no last minute panic attacks on the part of my parents. Arriving at the airport early, no problems turning in rental car or checking in to expected flight. Security was a breeze. Walked up to the gate, noticed a plane out there -- going to SLC -- could I get on? "Why, YES, and we won't charge you any more to make that change AND we'll give you an exit row seat WITHOUT a neighbor!" Be still my heart!

On the homefront all is well (even the birds survived -- they tend to get forgotten when I'm not around).

The one potential negative of the day fizzled out -- a call related to the swamp cooler at the studio. That may have just been an oversight of the technician who turned it on, and Sam took care of it. At least, since he (Sam) didn't call me back, I'm hopeful that's the situation. I'll know more later this morning.

Sometimes I think it has a lot to do with our attitude; our opening. I began the day with no other expectation than I was going home. All the plusses were just boons that came my way unexpectedly and unforced.

It works the same way in my practice -- trying to force a pose rarely works for me; allowing a pose is a much better recipe for success.

June is busting out all over! (There's a theme in there, I know it.)

No comments: