Monday, July 27, 2009

I'VE MADE A LIST

And, I must check it twice, three times, four times. This list is of all the Anusara workshops / trainings happening in the next four months that look of value or interest to me. Note, I said 'to me'; since we all will have our preferences and needs as we motor along this path.

There are eight! Some 4-5 days in length, some just a weekend. None are in Salt Lake; two are within 5-hour driving distance.

This list includes some of the best: John Friend, Sundari, Betsey Downing and Amy Ippoliti (both of whom I have never studied with, but would like to experience), BJ Galvan, Siana & Desiree, Christina Sell.

How to decide?

John is doing a weekend worksop in Park City. I've been accepted to that event, so that's a done deal.

My recent inclination for John is to try to do the trainings that I can get to and that will benefit me (that means all of them, right?). For example, I have applied for Santa Fe since MANY of my students will benefit from the knowledge gained at an Advance Therapeutics Training. Then - if time allows - I try to tack on the weekend workshop. Though, after prodding, gripping, and maneuvering various friends for 5 days, and receiving likewise from those friends, I have to admit I wonder why -- until I start the workshop.

Sundari's doing a Teacher Training in Jackson. Good for me to try to get to that one, since each person I study with has so much different and good information to offer. This reminds me -- she's also doing a workshop in Polson, MT. Would LOVE to go there, experience Sundari and see old friends. Eight-plus hour drive, tho -- that's a bunch.

BJ Galvan's doing a workshop in Springdale, UT. What a great community led by Ann Rutz, and what fun BJ is to study with.

Siana and Desiree are offering a training in San Francisco -- darn, to study with those two in that setting would be mind expanding and offer great travel fun.

Christina and Amy are each doing weekend workshops in northern Idaho. Fortunately for me, my family lives in eastern Washington and it's just a 30-60 minute drive to either venue. And, my parents would enjoy having me visit. They might wonder, tho, why I keep disappearing to go do yoga (or, yogurt - as my Dad loves to call it; let's hope he's teasing).

Nestled among all of this is Betsey Downing doing a weekend workshop in San Diego (Yoga Del Mar). Never have done anything with Betsey. My son and his family live in San Diego. What better excuse to go for a visit. Plus, I have wanted to experience Betsey for a long time.

Well, it's settled -- I'll do them all. If it weren't a physical impossibility, I probably would. But, the reality is that I have to think, plan and work on the logistics of all these offerings.

As I think, there's teaching to be done. Subbing again this morning; the class I mentioned last week. If the same people attend, I'll be ready for 'em. If not, I'll still be ready.

Working on a replacement for the 'Favorite' -- that may just need to move down to join "Perfect Offering" as a keeper.

Enjoy the week.

3 comments:

Mandy.Y said...

Hi Leslie,
I've been reading your blog for a while and really enjoy it, thanks!
About the therapuetics training in Santa Fe, I can't find any info on the Anusara website, do you know is there any Prerequisites?
I've been teaching for 2 years, finished immersion and TT but not yet applied for inspired.

Thsnks,
Mandy

Leslie Salmon said...

Mandy,
Thanks for the feedback;I often wonder who is reading this. Then I remember that it has morphed into something that is as much for me, as for anyone else.

I looked at the training listing. It's vague. And, I probably went ahead and applied because I've done several of these and have an idea of content, etc.

So, if I were you, I'd go ahead and apply. A strong Anusara practice, Immersion & TT will bolster the application; as well as the fact you've been teaching.

The application may ask for hours you've studied and a breakdown of those (I can't remember, exactly), so be prepared. I keep a log of all trainings/workshops, who, where, hours; as part of my recordkeeping.

My philosophy: if you don't apply, you won't get in.

The workshop application deadline is August 7 or 8, so I'd get the training application in well before then.

Thanks, again,

Anonymous said...

Dear Leslie,
Thank you so much for your dedication to the Anusara spirit. You are truly "inspired" and an inspiration.

A big thank you also for mentioning Sundari in Montana. We are very excited for her visit Sept. 19-21 and I would love to have you with us.

It is wonderful to share this journey with you.
Namaste' to you my friend.
Bonnie in Montana