Monday, August 17, 2009

TOUGH WEEKEND

Well, it's been one of the least enjoyable weekends I've spent with my parents. Lots of discussion about the future, lots of not-so-happy reactions, and lots of silence (my mother has suddently lost her hearing --- ).

My parents still feel they are able to live independently, with help coming in almost daily in the form of housekeeper, bookkeeper, bath-aide. I think my father would gladly move to an apartment in an assisted living facility, but my mother is very attached to her 'things' and this house (which - interestingly - she hated when they bought). Both are struggling with challenges - dad, movement & diabetes; mom, memory & anxiety.

So, for now, we'll give it a bit more time. And, I'll keep remembering Sundari's words of wisdom: 'this, too, is your yoga'.

While I've been away, I've kept track of stuff via internet (getting to love Facebook). I also learned this morning that Doc Savage (South Dakota) has started a blog, www.centipedes-world.blogspot.com. Gave it a read -- good one, and made a comment. I know that I love to receive comments and it took about a month before I got one. You wonder who could be out there reading all this stuff, and - then - why are you bothering to write it. Turns out you are writing it for yourself (really, not kidding); and that's a good thing.

I return to SLC tomorrow and back to my life. Got a husband, 2 houses, 2 dogs, 2 cats, & 2 birds, all calling my name. (It's tough to be so popular!)

I'm going to keep moving in my teaching and my practice. I worry that if I stop and focus on something I can't change right now (my parents), I may not get started again. So, I've added a class in September. Going to teach a 3-class series called Basics, with a focus on Anusara® Yoga. So, someone new to yoga can attend, as well as someone who wants to explore Anusara® more - the language, the philosophy, etc. This will challenge me, as well. If you're in SLC, join me and check it out! Info is on my website, www.yogautah.com.

Enjoy your week,

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Leslie, the new Basics series sound interesting. I've got September 10th on my calendar to check it all out. I need to get Back in the Habit! Thanks, Claudia Hackworth

Doc Savage said...

I'm so not looking forward to what you're going through with your parents. Mine live close to me but I will have to face the same one day. My first big step is I'll have to take my dad's car keys away for his own good and that won't be fun.

We also have an intro class starting Sep 3. Good foundation for Hatha for 4 weeks. Gets the students off on the right foot to join into our other classes.