Monday, September 21, 2009

ENERGY FLOWS IN THE MOST INTERESTING WAYS

Earlier this morning, I decided to address an issue of ethics that has been worrying me for several months (if not more than a year). A recent up-tic in the activity forced my hand.

Since I had spoken with the person involved about the issue almost 2 years ago, I decided to write an e-mail. Writing always (at least, to me) seems to make my thoughts clearer and I can say what I need to say without forgetting some important thought.

The dye cast, decision made to address the issue, e-mail written, re-read, read by husband, and sent. Why 'read by husband'? Because he has a more measured response to issues than I sometimes do. He will tell me if I'm out of bounds, speaking too personally, not addressing the issue. In this case, his recommendation: tell the person what you expect them to do. I did.

I then went to Christina's blog which is part of my morning ritual. Wouldn't you know the topic of her blog was 'ethics'.

Christina's words: "We are not necessarily called to teach yoga because we are already honest, compassionate, non-clinging, non-hoarding, disciplined, and completely surrendered to the will of God. We are called to teach yoga because teaching yoga is such an amazing way to cultivate those qualities within ourselves and in our behaviors."

Wow!

Now that you're all dying of curiosity about WHAT it is that I'm dealing with, I'll close. Part of the ethics is NOT always giving too much information.

Have a good week,

No comments: