Tuesday, October 20, 2009

CONNECTING TO IDAHO & WYOMING

First the world, now Idaho and Wyoming.  Will it never end?  A true world traveler never stops. 

Going to Jackson today to begin a 5-day training with Sundari.  Lots of study this month; but, it feels good and right, and seems like a lot more is making sense in my teaching and my understanding of what I'm trying to convey to students.  I also believe it's translating from the study to my classes!  So, onward. 

I am doubly excited because it means I will spend 5 days in Driggs with 3 other training attendees -- ladies from Polson, MT; St. George, UT; and Salt Lake.  Rarely do I have opportunities to just 'hang with the chicks'.  The walls of our house will be forever and indelibly etched with the sounds of lively yoga discussion.  Fun!  Fishing talk, beware!

Getting away from the studio for a while will be a good thing, also (just check back a few posts and you'll understand). 

Even my Grandson, Jack, is excited for me to go to Driggs -- he is remembering a blue flashlight that I gave him while he visited us there.  That flashlight came out of my car (one of those foot-long, metal ones that I bought once, thi nking it would be a good self-defense tool as I drove cross country many years ago).  It's heavy, almost as big as he is, but apparently he loves it and it may have been a source of security for him, as it was for me on that drive.  It was forgotten in the hurry to leave the house, probably landed under the bed.  He wants it.  The lament:  "I need it.  I need my blue flashlight.  I need it.  Now, Grandma Leslie, now." 

There's a theme here, I'm sure.  Themes are foremost on my mind these days; like, create a theme, then how do we take the theme into the class and make it relatable; then, how do we link it to philosophy.  Let's see -- blue flashlight & intrinsic goodness, hmmm.  How about:
  1. blue flashlight = security
  2. security = freedom from fear, anxiety, danger, doubt
  3. security brings with it a lightheartedness, an ability to see around the pitfalls to the stable ground in front of us (with a flashlight, of course).  When we know there is stable ground ahead, that knowledge will give us strength to move forward, trusting in the play of our own supreme nature.
A rough demonstration -- but, if you've ever been to an Anusara Yoga class, you will understand.  It's not just about the physical movement.  It's as much about connection -- a connection between the students' movement and their emotions (attitude).  That's where theming, relating, philosophy, and going back to it all throughout the class come into play. 

Attitude / Alignment / Action -- Action is fueled by Attitude, and supported by Alignment.  But, it all begins with the attitude.

Wow - it's early and the coffee seems to have gone to my head. 

Got to walk dogs, then get ready, then throw a few last minute things in the car and hit the road.  I'll miss my husband (who is staying home; who can blame him - a house full of women vs. quiet solitude with only dogs, cats, and an occasional encounter with the birds (birds are not his thing, but he will water and feed them, when needed).   This is new for him -- usually it's him leaving for 3-5 days; shoe's on the other foot today. 

I'll stay in touch,

No comments: