Monday, October 19, 2009

CONNECTING TO THE WORLD

The title might better read, 'connecting to the world of my friends', since I've linked this blog to Facebook.  Maybe some of my friends do read my blog; if not, there's no excuse anymore - it will be staring them in the face (?) each time I write in it. 

The Anniversary Celebration turned into a wonderful, intimate evening, as I hoped -- friends, families, fellow yoga practitioners.  All gathered and visited, ate, and enjoyed Michael Lucarelli's fine classical guitar renditions.  When Michael was finished (as in, his fingers had to be very tired), he invited Isabelle's friend to take over the guitar (I apologize, I remember his first name - Terrance; last name is out of my memory's reach right now.).  Fun to hear two very different, yet beautiful styles of bringing the guitar to life for us. 

So, all cleaned up and back to being a yoga studio, I'll just go in today to do some more cleaning, paperwork, etc., in preparation for being gone from Tuesday thru Sunday.  Driggs, Jackson, Sundari, here I come -- doing Sundari's teacher training; so, it's not really a vacation.

First, tho, I am going to resolve / promise / commit to work on my closet.  Yesterday, as I got ready for the Open House, I decided that jeans or yoga clothes wouldn't be appropriate - so, to the closet.  What a rude awakening.  The selection presented included Summer mixed with Winter, some that fit / some that didn't, when I say 'fit', I mean physically and lifestyle.  Rarely, if ever, do I need a piece of clothing that looks like part of a business suit - those pieces belong to another, previous life.  Of particular note is the fact that there is way too much in my closet for any one person to own, way too much

So, now the decision - consignment, donate, discard.  First, tho, I have to weed it out (the closet).  Make space.  Stop hoarding (thank you, Isabelle, for that insight).  I do have my work cut out for me. 

Perhaps by stating it, by making a public commitment, it will happen.

Hope you have a great Monday,

1 comment:

Doc Savage said...

Glad to hear your open house went good. Those are always a little stress builder. When you finish your closet stop by my place I've got a room full of old electronics gear to clean out.