Friday, October 23, 2009

FRIDAY MORNING

All through the house was quiet until about 15 minutes ago.  Not a bad thing, but takes away from the creative powers of blog writing. 

Yesterday was another good day at the Wildlife Museum (I was mistaken in the name yesterday) of Jackson, Wyoming.   16 of us are enjoying this training with Sundari; hometowns include Jackson, Denver, Riverton, Idaho Falls, Driggs, SLC, St. George, etc.  So, a diverse group with varied levels of experience teaching yoga. 

I have done several teacher trainings so far.  This one is unique because of the venue (the museum) and some of the components.  We are doing all the required stuff, but add to that walks through the museum and applying the principles to a particular piece of art or sculpture.  And, there's the mirror we each are creating of ourselves. 

Lay out 16 pieces of paper, everyone lies down on one and a partner outlines them on the paper.  Then, it is our job to reflect on our lives - both teaching and personal, and decorate that mirror.  We aren't doing it all at once.  We are doing it one day at a time, as new things about ourselves become revealed in the mirror. 

My talent is not art.  These two components, however, are great teaching tools.  One, I am really LOOKING at the art in the museum.  And, when I find a piece that speaks to me, I can journal about it, apply yoga principles to the characteristics, etc. -- an interesting way to look at these wonderful pieces. 

Two, each day as we go to our 'mirror', I am reminded of what I thought the day before.  Then, I can add to it as things - emotions, knowledge, wisdom - are revealed.  My lack of artistic talent in drawing is a bit of a hindrance, but my mirror is become more embellished despite that. 

So, onward.  More teaching, more reading, more study.  Long days -- 9-7, with an hour for lunch.  Then there's the drive back & forth to Jackson.  Oh, and dinner; because, I am NOT cooking. 

Enjoy your Friday,

No comments: