Saturday, October 24, 2009

BEFORE EVERYONE WAKES

The house is quiet.  My three guests have yet to appear, and there's no sound or evidence that they are awakening yet.  Perfect time to let my mind wander and a perfect time to write in this blog. 

Yesterday was llooonnngggg (long).  9-7 again, 1 hour for lunch.  The morning went longer than the first two - 5 hours, instead of 3 - which made the afternoon seem short (a good thing).  Interestingly, I have been sleeping less than normal (I'm usually a 9:30-4:30 type; this week's been 11-5), but each day I've felt awake; no sleepy moments.  The space?  The topic?  The group?  The teacher?  A combination of all?  The latter, I think. 

We began diving into sequencing yesterday.  After several of these types of trainings, this clarifies a lot to me and will add to my confidence.  I look at those that are new to trainings (or teaching), and think back on how overwhelming all of this can be.  Yet it does all begin to make sense, to fall into place -- eventually. 

As a group, we ventured into the gallery at the end of the day.  Very quiet, so we can talk and laugh a bit without disturbing patrons of the museum.  Sundari guided us through the museum, stopping at several pieces and asking volunteers to describe the piece applying the Principles of Alignment.  In each piece, as people began to speak, the Principles came alive.  It was interesting, also, to hear what some saw that others may not have seen. 

I will never walk through a gallery again mindlessly.  And, reflecting on the intention and power in the works represented will be a source of inspiration (and themes). 

As an Anusara-Inspired® yoga instructor, there was a time when I would, in talking to an established Anusara® teacher, hear "there's a theme in there somewhere".  Now I hear myself saying it -- even during casual conversation with my friends and fellow students. 

So, the training proceeds.  Today will include dinner as a group, and a bit more discussion.  The different location, the lack of yoga clothes, not sitting on the floor -- all elements that will add to this training and build our Kula of first-ever Wyoming Teacher Training participants. 

If you were wondering about the "blue flashlight", it is found.  It was safely hiding under the bed just waiting to be found.  I called Jack with the news, asking his Mother (very formally) if I could speak with Jack Berg.  She put him on, I shared the finding with him.  His response:  A squeal of delight, as he told his mother "the blue flashlight, the blue flashlight".  I asked him if sending it was o.k.  Yes, it is.  He will be patient, I think. 

People are moving.  Time to be a hostess and get my nose out of this computer. 

Enjoy your weekend,

No comments: