Friday, October 30, 2009

BLUE FLASHLIGHT SAGA ENDS, at least for me

The worry of Wednesday is somewhat abated -- my Mother (tho still in the hospital) does not have anything serious going on.  At least nothing they've found yet.  A few things, tho, that would explain her back pain and other complaints lately.  Ah, the beauty of aging. 

The lesson for me in this?  Plan. 

I know that I have an aversion to consider aging and it's complications.  But, in fairness to my son, I do need to think through what happens when, and then accept it.  (We're back to acceptance.)  Oh, I do have a will and other legal documents, but when does he (or I) take my driver's license away?  When does he (or I) make the decision to look to 'assisted living'?  I hope that I am able to do most of that decision making, but it is so easy to resist thinking about it. 

On to lighter topics like the blue flashlight!

The blue flashlight arrived safely in California yesterday - just as UPS promised.  There is a message on my phone thanking me.  Before I listened to it, tho, I called them to update them on my Mother.  Who answered?  Jack.  "thank you, grandma Leslie, for my blue flashlightSo cute!  Two months ago, he would barely talk on the phone.  Now, he's a veritable chatterbox.  The problem?  I can't understand everything he says.  Who knows what he's saying as I respond "oh, that sounds like so much fun".  Oh well, it's a conversation. 

My advice to his parents:  buy lots of batteries for that blue flashlight

Classes yesterday went well.  I'm finding words and phrases I didn't know were inside waiting to come out.  My class last night was about remembering our power.  I used the Hanuman story (being reminded of his power), and related it to how I feel when I do handstand or simply stand on one leg.  Students can relate through their own experiences in the practice.  So, most of the students present were returning to the practice after a long hiatus, or injury, so we couldn't do a real "power" class per se.  At the end, I made a closing statement relating power to discipline, to creating stability in our foundations, to standing tall, and to simply being lighthearted.  Where did that come from?  Not sure, but I'm loving it. 

Hope you have a nice Friday,

No comments: