Thursday, November 19, 2009

TELLING 10 (Ten)

I wish there were an on-line way to look at all the words that start with "t".  This morning I am at a loss for "t" words, so this simple one will have to do.  (I could pull the dictionary off the bookshelf, but that's too inconvenient / easy.)

Telling definition (according to Merriam):  carrying great weight; having a marked effect.

I suppose 10 days until a monumental day is a bit 'telling'.  So, we'll go with it. 

Browsing some blogs this morning and explored another one from Christina's list, which started me down a circuitous route to the Facebook page of David Elliott.  The entries of this person were interesting.  Everyone, I find, is doing great writing - lots of profound and thought-provoking missives (def. a written communication).  I almost wonder why I bother to blog; then I remind myself I do it - now - mostly for myself.  And, look where it's taking me -- into the world of other blog-writers, who I didn't have a clue existed before the last year!  What a discovery; what a gold-mine of interesting and mind-expanding thoughts!

As I continued to explore this particular blog, I noticed a space where thoughts from his Facebook page appear - so, click there and come to this:

"Forgive those who take from or walk all over you. They are your biggest teachers. Take your power back from them and lovingly set them free. Let them go by releasing your neediness for their love. Love yourself instead!"  -- David Elliott

Take a hammer and hit me over the head with this one -- it so applies to me.   (And, it arrives on the heels of another bit of advice from a wise friend.)  My nature is to just let hurtful comments go; to good-naturedly smile, make a few safe comments and walk away.  Oh, eventually, I get around to taking a stand, but some people sure get in a few good licks before that happens.  And, by then, the emotion is palpable and that, my friends, totally saps the power of a response.

It's only taken five (5) decades, for goodness' sake!  But, the good thing is I'm still open to learning (that's a topic for another blog). 

So -- Thursday.  Sorry to miss Wayne's class this a.m., but picking Howard up at the airport.  He's had a heck of a month of travel.  In his business of consulting, that's not necessarily a bad thing, but packing, unpacking, re-packing -- all with only about 12 hours at home between trips -- does wear on a person.  I'm not sure he loves travel, but I'm not sure what he'd do without it -- he's the kind of person who loves to explore, never takes the same route home from somewhere, and enjoys his work.

Then, lots of errands to run.  I cleaned out some of my boots/shoes yesterday, so need to dispense with some of the discards (remember aparigraha).  Teach at 4 - YogaHour; then again at 5:45 - Yoga Specific.  Depending on who shows, I hope to venture into some arm balances; but, nothing is written in stone. 

Hope you have a Thursday that is tantamount to wonderful!

No comments: