Tuesday, December 1, 2009

DECEMBER

I woke this morning, feeling the need for a new challenge -- the 'count-up' was fun and challenging to find words, and then to write a blog entry around those words.  At the same time, it was educational -- I'm sure my vocabulary expanded, if only a bit. 

So, what to do? 

Reading other Anusara® Certified and Inspired instructors' blogs, I notice that many give themselves challenges -- for example, MariaCristina is going through the syllabus poster pose-by-pose, from the beginning.  

Last year, Christina Sell challenged herself to practice 3 hours every day, and she did it.   Each year she assigns herself a pose to work on -- either to accomplish or perfect. 

I could try to emulate these challenges.  My excuses: 
  1. The syllabus poster -- I might find it a bit overwhelming, especially once I got into Level II poses.  Of course, it would be a way to push myself WAY out of my comfort zone.
  2. Three hours of practice each day -- well, that just doesn't sound appealing at all.  Not that it wouldn't be good for me; 60-90 minutes right now is more than satisfactory. 
  3. A pose to accomplish or perfect -- I believe I tried that earlier in the year; didn't stick.  A good one, tho -- one that I ought to re-consider.  Maybe a different pose, tho.  
I'll keep you posted.

Have a good Tuesday,

No comments: