Saturday, December 19, 2009

AN UNUSUAL WEEK

Last blog post for me?  Wednesday.  Totally forgot on Thursday, ran out of time on Friday.  My perfect 1+  month of posting is wrecked, but it was so worth it.

My friend, Sundari, arrived on Tuesday to stay with me for a few days.  Running errands, shopping, exploring different restaurants (if you're in SLC, we highly recommend the Himalayan Kitchen), drinking tea, talking -- all these things got in the way of blog writing.  But, it was so much fun.  And, perhaps, healthy to take a break from the routine.

When I travel I try to do a bit of research, find the nearest yoga (preferably Anusara), and take a class.  Some trips, that just doesn't work and I end up finding a spot and doing some yoga by myself wherever I'm staying.  What I find when I am not able to be in my regular routine of public classes and home practice, is that I return more attentive, more energized, more appreciative.

Not sure what or why that is.  Perhaps, when in a routine, it becomes that - a routine, and - whether I intend to or not - I become a bit less attentive, more accustomed to what happens next.  When I break out of it for a few days, then I return with a greater capacity to receive.

So, I am back in the routine.  While I loved the break, the departure from my regular activities, a chance to 'play' -- moving back to the routine feels good.

My Gentle Class yesterday morning was so fun; better yet, they had fun.  We broke out of the Gentle 'routine' and a couple students who were ready, gave a supported pinca mayurasana a try.  The glow was evident, the sense of accomplishment palpable.  Loved it.

Signing off to prepare for this morning -- 9 am Level 1.

Have a great Saturday,

No comments: