Wednesday, December 16, 2009

THE CRISIS THAT WASN'T

Yesterday, I had a number of planned and unexpected activities come up -- the major unplanned activity was arranging for, then waiting for a furnace repairman; then I had a car delivered; then I did some major paperwork (also unplanned).  All this, as I waited for my friend, Sundari, to arrive for a few days.

Why tell you this?  Because I cannot tell you how many times I have sat and waited and waited and waited for people to arrive to do work or deliver something.  Yesterday, it was as if everything was moving two clicks ahead of me.  Furnace repairman?  To arrive between 8 & 10.  At 7:45 I walked out front with the dogs, and there he was sitting in the driveway.  Car delivery?  Expected no sooner than 11:45.  At 11:30, as I was getting ready for the day - phone rings.  Where are they?  In my driveway.

And Sundari, who drove down from the Jackson area, and had told me she would call from the road, calls as she is 2 blocks from the house.

None of these were negatives.  They were just unexpected -- as in, I've gotten used to waiting, used to using my patience skills.  Regroup -- now use my acceptance skills.  Receive and accept the gifts that these events gave me.  A shift, isn't it?  From expecting to be left waiting - probably impatiently and (perhaps) a bit irritated - to unexpectedly being given time back.  Because, for me, time spent waiting is not always productive time.

Once Sundari arrived (about 2 pm), we settled in, visited a bit, then she came with me to YogaHour.   Fun to have her there and - because the class is just an hour, and more laid back than many yoga classes - she was able to offer a bit of input.

Back at home, more visiting, some exploring on the Mac (I have a Mac, now -- did I tell you?).

Today, I'll teach at the Jail, then we're going to find a nice place for dinner and maybe do some shopping.

Enjoy the day,

No comments: