Wednesday, January 20, 2010

EARLY, EARLY . .

Busy day, today.  So, up early -- have already sat in meditation, now enjoying a cup of coffee, re-listening to the class from last Wednesday with Sally Kempton.   Next, walk the dogs.  Then time on the phone with my study partner for the "Dancing with the Divine" series.

Busy days are good for notes.  So, notes it is:

1.  Nice class with Bridget on Monday.  Because of her weekend experience(s), we worked on core strength.  First we did standing poses, then some core strengtheners, then re-visited the standing poses -- for comparison purposes.  Effective.

2.  The remainder of the day was spent exploring fireplace inserts, reading, relaxing.  Any thoughts of traveling over to visit Sundari in Wilson were tempered by the weather -- driving over the pass in questionable weather to Jackson is a challenge, at best.

3.  Up early Tuesday to drive home from Idaho.  Left the house at 5 am, as the snow came down and blew around us.  Fortunately, it hadn't been snowing for very long; so, not a bunch of accumulation on the ground -- as in, not much to blow around.  Blowing snow is NOT fun to drive in.  Dropped Howard in Idaho Falls (airport); dogs and I continued on to SLC.  Roads were o.k. until the Malad Summit -- then fog, then a light layer of snow on the roads until just north of Ogden.  I've driven in snow for much of my life, but that fact doesn't make it easier.  I just kept reminding myself to breathe and relax the grip on the steering wheel.  Stay alert, but soften (kind of sounds like our yoga, doesn't it?)

As I threw (not literally) one of the dogs into the back of the SUV as we loaded to leave, I pulled something -- so the drive was compounded by pain around my floating ribs in the back (even with a liberal dose of Ibuprofen).

4.  Arrived safely home, to see everyone shoveling snow (a pulled rib muscle, and now I get to shovel!?!?!).  Decided to unload, have some lunch, rest a bit, then think about the snow in the driveway.  (I also was secretly hoping one of those guys with the BIG snowblowers, having seen me drive in alone, would  do my driveway, as well.  Didn't happen).

5.  Snow shoveled, cleaned up, headed into the studio to teach YogaHour at 4 pm.  2-3 students for 7 months, has now blossomed to 11.  Blew me away.  So much fun to teach a larger group, and challenging in a different way.  All different levels of experience, from beginner to more experienced.

6.  Today?  Teaching at 10 am (Gentle Yoga), then teaching at the Jail.  I am hoping that one of the more disruptive students has been released.   We'll see.

Tonight, #2 of the 3-class series with Sally.

Got to get on with the day.  Have a nice Wednesday --

No comments: