Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A FEW UNEXPECTED DAYS OFF-LINE

Saturday, after class, I rushed home, finished packing, had a bite of lunch with my husband,  then we headed for the airport.  I was flying up to Spokane for one of my frequent visits back to my hometown, to visit family.  

Arrived in plenty of time, checked in, thru security, into Crown Room, sit to send a last-minute e-mail.  No wireless internet connection.  Horrors!  I left it at home.  One e-mail was somewhat critical, so I called Howard, who was remaining in SLC, and asked him to send it.  From this point forward, I would rely on my Blackberry for incoming e-mail and needed (short) responses.  At least for 4 days.  

Let me tell you, I was anticipating a long 4 days.  The first day, I started my routine only to sit and look at a screen telling me I had no connection.  Day two, a bit better -- I worked on organizing photos.  Day three, withdrawal almost complete, I used the laptop for my contemplation homework.  Day four (and, on my way home), I contemplated all the e-mail and other tasks that needed to be done upon my return to internet-connection land.  

Spokane was Spokane.  Pretty much always the same.  My parents are still living in the Valley, and I stay with them.  I do believe they would like me (us) to spend more time there, and I'm trying.  Visits are more frequent, and the next one will be a bit longer.  As they approach their late-eighties, their thoughts are worrisome -- compounded by bodies and minds that are continuing a slow degeneration.  This visit we broached some pretty tough subjects.  As a good friend reminds me, this is part of my yoga.  

Somewhat caught up on internet tasks, teaching Gentle Yoga at 10 am, then to the Jail to teach.  

Hope your Wednesday is a great one,

No comments: