Saturday, January 23, 2010

KICKIN' IT UP

I will be attending John's training and weekend workshop in San Francisco in Feb.  Excited about that, and already planning the logistics -- plane, hotel, etc.   Can't forget subs for my classes.

And, my classes are not the easiest to sub out.  YogaHour (4 pm) twice a week doesn't seem to be appealing to anyone I ask to sub; as in, no one ever wants to sub it -- so, I usually just cancel it (poor students).  Gentle Yoga is gentle, yet it is a challenging class to teach -- why?  lots of different physical issues and levels of ability to take into consideration.  My level 1 classes also present their own set of challenges -- Thursday's class is attended by various levels of experience and even a few limitations, and Saturday -- well, I never know what Saturday will bring.

So, in preparation for the February week, I sent out an all-call for willing subs.  Had one immediate response, from a skilled instructor with previous experience teaching all these populations (even has taught some of these classes for me).  This instructor happens to be off that week (lucky for me), so offered to do all but one of my classes (even YogaHour).  Taking into consideration that I subbed for this person last year (10 classes in 10 days!), I accepted - quickly.  A newer, yet qualified, instructor offered to sub the one remaining class, and I'm set.

Having all the planning done, I can relax and focus on getting the studio ready for a week away.  And, I am excited about the week.  Not only will we learn about the new Immersion curriculum (I don't assist in teaching Immersions yet - and, you must be Certified to teach them solo), but it will be good to know what is being taught as I venture into this year.

The other part of my excitement is because this will be the first time I've attended a "kick-off" training for John's year of Anusara® trainings and workshops.

Any reservations?  Well, I'll be thrown in with the 'best of the best', since this training is in San Francisco.  There are wonderful, amazing Anusara® teachers all over the country (world), and a TON of them live, work and practice in California.  So, I've learned that attending a California event is definitely asking myself to 'kick it up a notch'.

With that in mind, it's time to plan what I'm going to teach in a couple hours -- maybe there's a theme in this blog -- something about 'kicking it up a notch' perhaps?

Have a nice Saturday,

No comments: