Wednesday, February 10, 2010

AND, TUESDAY . . .

Tuesday of the Immersion 1 began much the same as Monday; without the introductions.  Out of the box, we were asked to turn to a friend and review the six qualities of the absolute (without using our notes, hopefully).  So -- check your memory bank before reading further.

OK, they are:  chit (self knowing/awareness); ananda (bliss/ecstacy); purna (fullness/perfection), spanda (pulsation/creative delight); svatantrya (ultimately free); and shri (absolute goodness).

Went on to discuss several ideas to contemplate; things like, 'every experience can be used as a gateway to enlightenment', and 'any time you feel a bit of connection, that's awakening'.  There was more, but I need to have more brain cells operating to decipher my scribbled notes.

Writing this reminds me I have two days of notes to transcribe, and know I won't get to it until tomorrow morning.  Not a good thing.  But, life gets in the way sometimes.

Last night, I also was able to go to the musical 'Wicked' -- which was wickedly wonderful.  Tonight, the ballet.  Such social life!  I usually do nothing on these excursions -- just hibernate in my room, but this trip is offering more, and I do plan to enjoy it -- even though, my eyes are a bit bleary this a.m.

After you have attended a few of these with John, you learn to read emotions/happenings into how a day unfolds.  My interpretation of yesterday:  We were sloppy on Monday; therefore in our practice yesterday, we were worked HARD and precisely.  We were also asked to give it our best effort.  And - as a fellow attendee pointed out after yesterday's session - the more people groaned, the harder we were asked to work.  Groaning NEVER helps; just do the work.

So, on to day 3.  Looking for my Visine -- 5 hours of sleep does not a rested Leslie make.

Have a great day,

No comments: