Thursday, February 11, 2010

AND, WEDNESDAY . . .

Well, Wednesday was a better day.  Better in the sense that I am settling into the rhythm of the training.  I may have said this before, but this time feels different -- feels more like I belong; not sure why, just feels 'easier' emotionally.

Same format as Monday & Tuesday -- discussion of philosophy in the morning, then asana, then more discussion and meditation, then our break; back at it for more discussion then some grounding poses.  A luscious savasana accompanied by a local musician and chanter.

The morning's practice included arm balances -- fun stuff.  For me, especially, since it meant a break from urdhva dhanurasana, which has not been working well this week.  I can visualize it, I can activate and work the muscles needed to lift myself up, but once I go to the top of my head - all connection seems to cease.  That doesn't mean I don't try, though.

I was thinking about the pose yesterday and thought perhaps I could invent a small device that would lie directly under the back at the base of the shoulder blades.  When you lifted off, this device would 'spring' into action and gentle poke you in the back, right where you want the 'push' to come from.  It would remind a person which muscles to activate.  Kind of like having a built-in assistant sticking their finger in your back.  Ah, what we think of at 6 a.m.

The ballet last night was beautiful.  I have never attended a ballet before, so I thank my friend for inviting me to join her.  A new door opened.

Well, onward with the day.  Just a small oatmeal cookie for dinner last night, so my stomach is telling me I ought to get to the coffee shop sooner than later.

Enjoy Thursday,

No comments: