Friday, February 19, 2010

ANOTHER WORKSHOP !?!?!

YES, and this one's with Desiree -- what fun!

I first met Desiree about 4 years ago; in fact, hers was my first Anusara® Teacher Training.  Jen and I traveled to Phoenix to spend a week with her and about 60 other aspiring yoga teachers.  At that time, I wasn't fully convinced that I could teach this style of yoga -- that maybe I wasn't qualified.  It took all of Jen's persuasive powers to get me to register, then to get me to actually go.  So thankful I did it.

Since then, I've done several workshops with her in Salt Lake, Driggs and in Springdale -- if Desiree is in the neighborhood, I'm there.

One major misconception of students is that these workshops are for 'teachers'.  Wrong.  These workshops offer gateways to new levels in our practice.  We not only have the benefit of working with a great and inspiring teacher (one whose voice is different from those we usually or always practice with), but we also have an opportunity to come together as a kula (community).  And that - if you look back at yesterday's post - is one of the outstanding elements of Anusara® yoga.

I was excited, therefore, to look at Facebook and see that Jose will be in SLC for the workshop.  Jose is a great friend of Matt and Jen's, and I've become acquainted with him through those encounters.  Such a nice person.  I'll look forward to re-connecting with him and all the other friends I've met here in Salt Lake (and elsewhere).

So, tonight - 6-8:30 pm; then Saturday and Sunday.  If you're inspired by this post to give any part of this workshop a try, contact adam@kulastudio.com.  You can also register on-line www.kulastudio.com.

Be there or be square!

2 comments:

Benita Wolfe said...

Rock it out with Des! Love the Blog!!

Benita Wolfe said...

Rock it out Les!! Love B