Wednesday, February 24, 2010

JUST NOTES

Seems like a good 'notes' day, since I've spent the last hour typing notes from the San Francisco Immersion.  I learned a valuable lesson - too much socializing does not benefit the learning experience.  Usually I do the notes day by day at trainings; this time, tho, I've put it off and - therefore - my memory is not supporting the sketchy notes I took.  Oh, well - lesson learned.

Yesterday's YogaHour was fun, fun, fun.  The class seems to have caught on and I had 14 in attendance! All but 2 had participated in the class before, so it wasn't a fluke; they knew me.  We worked some hip openers.  The most rewarding part for me, however, was looking around the room as everyone stood with arms raised and NOT seeing even one bent elbow -- fingers were spread, as well.  It doesn't take much (or does it?) to rock my world.  I felt like it was this great compliment -- that they had listened, and had embraced my previous teaching, and were able to give it to me.  I hope they felt as good as I did - they looked GREAT.  Wonderful !!!

Reading Facebook earlier this morning.  Came upon some dialogue about Anusara®.  A little disappointed to see that other teachers may think we teach Anusara-Inspired™ because it's tough to teach Anusara®.   They're right that teaching Anusara® yoga is not easy; but what they may not realize is that we - as Inspired™ instructors - are on a path to teaching Anusara® and that being Inspired™ has taken a ton of work on our parts and support from Certified instructors.

To clarify for people, as an Anusara-Inspired™ instructor, one must have studied Anusara® with a Certified instructor for two years, have taught yoga for two years, have completed an Anusara® Immersion series and Teacher Training, and had our teaching reviewed and evaluated by a Certified Anusara® Instructor.  This then goes into Anusara® for approval before we can call ourselves Inspired™.   We are not legally able to call our classes "Anusara-Inspired™" unless we've done the work and been approved.  Enough on this rant.

Going to teach my Gentle Yoga this morning, then have a Mac lesson.

Hope your Wednesday is fabulous,

No comments: