Thursday, February 25, 2010

ON WRITING . . .

As I approach 300 posts on this blog, I feel like reflecting on the benefits of this endeavor.

I began on a whim.  I had been reading Christina's blog for quite a while, enjoying her wisdom.  But, I also  could see a lack of connection in the Inspired™ community.  So, I thought, I'll blog -- call it Anusara-Inspired™ and fill the gap.  Little did I realize the number of people doing exactly the same thing (perhaps for different or similar reasons).  For whatever reason, this new knowledge did not stop me, I kept writing.  Because my take on things is very different from another Inspired™ or Certified Anusara® instructor.

As you read my blog, probably one of the first things you'll notice is that it's pretty 'down to earth'.  I have a 'common sense' slant to things, rather than a philosophical.  Philosophical is good/great, but that's not me.  I don't talk that way; so I won't write that way.  I'd love to have the philosophy of what I do pour out of my mouth or onto the keyboard; it doesn't happen (yet), so for now I'll just write what feels comfortable to me.

Oh, I have moments.  But, they are few and far between.

What writing this blog has done for me is bring out a part of me seldom seen by others.  It's given me confidence that I know my stuff (I even know the philosophy, I just don't have the confidence yet to write about its application in our lives).  Part of the confidence comes from the feedback I receive from readers -- that they appreciate and can relate to my writing.  If I didn't have that, I'd still write.  Because I've discovered the writing is good for me.  It reminds me of the great and wonderful things I am a part of in this endeavor of teaching yoga.

So, on to the next 300 posts !

Teaching 3 classes today -- 'Everyone's Yoga' at Kula at 10 am; YogaHour at 4 pm and Level 1 at 5:45, both at The Yoga Center.

It's snowing here.  Hope that means tomorrow will be sunny and dry as Clytie and I drive up to Driggs for Christina's workshop at YogaTejas.  Bonnie is joining us at the house, as is Sundari -- fun, fun, fun.

Have an outstanding Thursday,

No comments: