Wednesday, February 17, 2010

WHOSE VOICE IS THAT, ANYWAY?

Monday's class went well -- small group, but fun to teach.  I was able to use my plan, theme, heart quality as I hoped.   YogaHour yesterday was a larger group (8), and fun to teach as well.  3 of those students are golfers -- not that I want to replace their passion for golf, but I was pleased to hear that they chose yoga over golf yesterday (45 degrees & golf do not happy golfers make).

The interesting thing for me about classes this week -- I realize that after a week with John Friend, I am using phrases, language, bits of intonation very similar to his.  That's not a bad thing; my teaching can always use a bit more 'umph'.  And, I feel good doing it and think the students are responding.  Nothing wrong with that.

What I don't want to happen is to 'copy' his style, to stop working on my own voice because his works so well.  I doubt that will happen -- but, I do need to be watchful.

Each day since returning, I've awakened to sore muscles (especially the calves and shins).  I think that's related to walking hills on Saturday and Sunday.  Today, no muscle soreness.  Hoo-Ray!

Today is Gentle Yoga, followed by the Jail.  Another short post -- running a bit late and the studio needs vacuuming.

Enjoy Wednesday,

No comments: