Saturday, March 13, 2010

FIRST TAXES; THEN, THE TEST

While my thoughts must remain on present activities -- moving my parents -- I find myself meandering off into the future.  As in, what next?

This is the year, after all, in which I have applied (and been accepted) to proceed towards Certification as an Anusara® yoga instructor.

I believe I have written about what that involves; but, in case you've forgotten, I must take a LONG written test and submit a video of a full-length Anusara-Inspired™ class for evaluation.  This video first must be approved by me (a self-evaluation form is provided), Sundari (as my mentor), then reviewed by Anusara®'s Certification Committee.  At that time a mentor, who perhaps I have not met, will be assigned to me and will critique the video, offering suggestions.  Video may (or may not) be repeated with suggested offerings from the Committee mentor included.

It will take all of 2010, I'm sure -- maybe longer.

My next step is to request the written test.  I will do that when I return to SLC and after I submit my income tax information to the accountant.  After all, first things first.

The issues with my parents were unexpected and have - obviously - affected my well-laid plans for this "Certification Year", as I call it.  No panic yet; as in, how can I do all this and proceed with Certification. Our capacity to do and juggle a lot, when required, is amazing I find.

But, I have never been in a hurry; so, this delay in my plans (this unexpected issue with my parents) is not throwing me off.  There's never been a "I'm accepted, I have to get Certified NOW" thought process.  I - as John calls me - truly am a slow mover.  I'll do it and I'll enjoy it, and I'm not going to rush, no matter what 'curve balls' life throws at me.

Sundari asked me recently what is different for me since being accepted onto the Certification path.  I had to think for a moment, because my classes have grown, and my energy for both teaching and practice has expanded.  What's different?  Well, perhaps it's just the process of being accepted.  Of being recognized to be worthy to be Certified - once the test and the video are done, of course.

Just that has affected me; taken me off the plateau of Inspired and put me on the path to Certification.  That's enough for right now to enliven all of my yoga, life-teaching-practice.

Enough rambling; better get packing!

No comments: