Thursday, March 11, 2010

LOVE THE BLOGS

Based on my comments, you probably already know that I love reading other people's blogs (the ones that relate to yoga, that is).

They offer me a new bit of insight to my practice, ways to approach my teaching, verbiage I hadn't thought of before, a laugh once in a while, etc., etc., etc.

What did today's blogs teach me?

From MariaCristina, I took some great verbiage - "when we notice beauty, we awaken to bigger power".  In fact, her classes for this week are focusing on Lakshmi, so I'm going to be reading them very closely.  I have yet to 'copy' another teacher's theme/plan/sequence; but I do allow their thoughts to expand my thought processes.  And, it works.

From Christina Sell, I read:  "For instance, if you cannot kick to the wall in handstand and you feel terrible about it but you are only working on it when it comes up in class, you should let that go. Chances are, that is not going to be enough effort to actually learn that pose. If, you are making 10 sincere, focused attempts to kick up every day and after a year, you still have not made any progress, then you are allowed to bitch about it for a moment. However, once that moment passes, pick yourself up, go to class, show your teacher what is going on and get some pointers. And then get back to work!"  


What do I take from that?  Being a really BAD kicker, I need to get to work, 10 times every day; then, after a period of time, if it isn't working I can pout.  A bit of a kick in the 'butt'; but, a needed one.  


From a link I followed on Facebook, I learned more about the Intensive experience I wrote about a few posts ago.   Here is her entry, one I must contemplate and embrace:


"The key John taught, is to trust in the Absolute and to pray. Not for challenges to be removed but to cultivate the strength to pass to the next level effectively, safely and skillfully. To grow and move on, is the best way we can say thanks – to honor the past and ride the Tiger into innovation, onto the next level of our Life’s Art."


Then, I moved to Douglas Brooks - rajanaka.blogspot.com.  Douglas is a well-respected Sanskrit scholar and Tantric philosopher, who has many words of wisdom to share.  Read this blog and you will learn about his teacher and more.  At times, his blog entries seem long; but, if I am patient and willing to spend the time reading, I always learn.


So, a morning of learning.  A brief respite from the issues facing me today -- more issues related to moving my parents.  Locks to be changed, insurance to adjust, a bank visit, a doctor's appointment, and then dinner with my cousin and his family.  The dinner will be fun; the rest -- well, enough said.  


Hope you have a great day.  I'll be cultivating the strength to pass to the next level effectively, safely and skillfully,

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

You are amazing. Keep up the grand work.
Love,
Bonnie