Wednesday, March 10, 2010

COMPUTER LIFELINE

Each day I am away from my studio, I worry.  I know that the instructors who teach classes there are taking good care of the space, but I still worry.

My 'lifeline' through all this is my computer.  I am able to communicate with instructors, make arrangements for subs, receive e-mails from students who have questions, etc.  I am also, thankfully, able to modify the website to some extent.  This Mac has a bit of a problem with the website program, but - for the most part - I am able to take care of the announcement section, adjust the schedule, and do some other minor changes.  So - not to worry - the website schedule is up to date.

Additionally (but not critical to studio management), I can still blog and keep track of some happenings through Facebook entries.  The one thing I haven't been able to do is a newsletter; oh well, people might enjoy a break from my monthly missive.

Without the computer, I hate to think of all the phone calls I'd be making -- and, this in a State that doesn't allow you to use your cell phone while driving (bluetooth is o.k.).

So, things are moving along nicely.  Dad is o.k. with his new location (skilled nursing rehab), and Mom is beginning to talk about the move - what to take and what to store and what to dispose of.

And the studio?  Well, management from a distance is working o.k. (with the computer lifeline and the help of the other instructors there).  Don't want to continue much longer than another week, but for now it's o.k.

Enjoy your Wednesday,

1 comment:

Judy said...

It's so wonderful how your friends and teachers are helping out. When I arrived at gentle yoga this morning, Cindi was vacuming! Sam taught a lovely restorative class. Do what you need to do there and don't worry.
Judy