Thursday, March 25, 2010

A NEW LOOK

Giving the blog a new look -- like it? For me, it seems to be a bit easier to read.  Unfortunately, it is a fact that many of us will develop compromised eyesight as we age. Darn! Reading glasses are not so bad -- another fashion element to be considered, so that's fun. But they are cumbersome at times -- finding and pulling them out each time you want to read a price tag or nutrition label. Wearing them all the time is not ideal either.

I tried bifocals; the top with no correction. But then, you're wearing glasses all the time. That's no fun. I read in Desiree's website/blog that she has some kind of contact lens that sounds like it may accomplish the same thing as reading glasses. Next time I go to the eye doctor, maybe I should try that out. Sticking stuff in my eyes has never been my idea of fun, tho.

Where is all this discussion of glasses going? The reason for the blog switch-up. I notice when I go back to view my blog entries that the print on the old format was very small. Add in the colored background and you have another element to deal with. Plus, I'm tired of green. So, gonna give this a try.

There's another reason -- sometimes when things are going poorly, a bit of alternative therapy is needed. I tried 'retail therapy' last night. Had a few minutes to spare so went into the 'Rack' (Nordstrom's outlet). Couldn't find anything to buy, either that I needed or wanted. So, this morning, maybe a blog 'switch-up' will elevate my spirits.

I'm not that down, but things on the 'parent front' are not going well. Still not happy and threatening to sign themselves out, which I guess they could do. Not sure what they'll do if that's accomplished, but I was careful not to say something that might fuel the fire of discontent. To prevent something like this, I'd have to go to court & declare them incompetent -- not the path to happy family relationships and not my first choice.  Cousin and I are still laughing, tho -- glad I have him to bounce all this off of  (lots of 'nots' in this sentence; but necessary 'nots').

I taught my Gentle Yoga yesterday. In my studio neighborhood, people travel a lot -- they're always off to exotic places or spending time at vacation homes. One returned yesterday from Southern Utah with the news that she had attended Desiree's workshop in Springdale last weekend. Be still my heart! (She was one of two I'm aware of from my studio who attended - good deal!). And, the outcome, you ask? Well, who can attend a Desiree workshop and NOT be inspired? She's smiling from ear-to-ear, re-energized, looking for more, and aware that she is capable of much more than she thought. Ahhh, the power of workshops.

BJ Galvan will do a 'playshop' (her word for workshops) at The Yoga Center in early June (June 4-6, if you're interested).  BJ is such a nice person and a truly inspiring and fun yoga instructor (all this besides being Certified®).  Perhaps the Springdale experience will be heard and spoken about, and students will realize that workshops are for THEM; not just for other yoga instructors.

After Gentle Yoga, it was jail time. Even there I saw a spark of excitement and gratitude. We have a tradition - when a student finishes six classes, they receive a Certificate and we call in this accomplishment for their 'good time' (5 days off their sentence). Everyone, tho, who gets a Certificate must do Bakasana for the rest of the class. The young woman in the spotlight yesterday truly looked happy and proud as she did the pose, and as I talked about the elements of the pose which she had worked very hard to cultivate. Nice moment.

Great part of the day? A phone call from Sundari. Just to check in and see how I'm doing - teaching and otherwise. She's in Hawaii with Skeeter where she taught a teacher training, and will fill in for Skeeter in the coming week or so, as Skeeter is off to Asia with John. What lives some of these teachers live! They do work hard as they travel to fun and exotic places, I have to give them that.

Have a thrilling Thursday,

2 comments:

Ginger Coy said...

Love the new look! Much better!

Anonymous said...

I do like the new page - it does seem easier on the eyes.